Victoria Museum Overview
Victoria Jubilee Museum is located on Bandar Road in Vijayawada City. It was constructed in ashlar masonry and is a classic example of the Indo European architectural style. The foundation stone fro the building was laid by Robert Sewell, the then District Collector, Krishna on June 27th 1887, to mark the occasion of Golden Jubilee Celebrations of Queen Victoria’s coronation. The building was constructed to house the industrial exhibition. Later it came under the control of the Zamindaras of Nuzivid, District Board, Krishna and Zilla Parishad of Krishna. In the year 1962 the Department of Archaeology & Museums, Government of Andhra Pradesh took over the building and established an Archaeological Museum.